2.22.2009

Find the Artist in You

The other day my friend and I were discussing about architecture, our favourite buildings and architects. Since I've been learning about Greek and Roman architecture, I picked up my pen and started drawing my own version of a Greek and Roman styled house. Out of inspiration, I drew this from memory. Usually I can never draw anything without looking at the subject. You just have to be a little creative and have faith in yourself that you can make anything become art.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up"
(Pablo Picasso) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! nice drawing! totally agree with that quote, when i was little, i loved to draw, but when i grew up i was all, im not an artist, and stopped. which sucks cause when i am in the mood, i CAN draw! and if i had stuck with it, i could've developed a talent. WHY DONT PEOPLE EVER TELL US STUFF WHEN WE ARE KIDS?!

Sum said...

Thanks! haha I know exactly how that is. This is how I feel about everything I did as a kid and eventually quit. :(