11.26.2009

Let It Snow (pt. II: a book review)

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle is a highly addicting, holiday must read. And believe me, I spent all day reading this delightfully warm book and absolutely loved it.
The three acclaimed young adult authors write three intertwined holiday stories. One snow storm changes everything. Many young lives face harsh blizzard conditions, sacrificing and risking their lives in the name of love. Friends and strangers alike share the most unexpected, adventurous and miraculous-filled Christmas together. Put on your snow boots and get ready for the sleigh ride of your life. Let It Snow is the perfectly packaged present tied up in bows and ribbons, waiting to be opened under a Christmas tree. A true cherry jubilee dessert to be devoured or a hot chocolate savored on a snowy winter day.
The stories are told from many angles and perspectives of the characters, with many surprising surges of twists. I almost cried, but mostly laughed. At the end of each story, I felt like cheering and applauding like at the end of a movie when the credits are rolling. Love is in the air. I can feel it. I want to feel it. I am in love with love.

No comments: