1.24.2010

Over Winter Break

So this post is a bit long overdue, but here are some pictures from my winter break.
Places visited: Sapporo, Hokkaido (see here for map): Tokyo: Japan.
*Note: click on any of the images for a larger view
Getting there: traveled with my family. Here is where we boarded JAL Airlines, rock star style.
Only in Japan! Left to right: Doraemon all lit up, my mutti with a bigger than life sized Hello Kitty, an animated car in the mall, a pianist entertaining a live audience from the inside of a fancy, Yamaha glass box.
The food was absolute heaven, the best I've ever had. Fruity pie and green tea dessert; they are to die for.
The JR Station isn't one of the biggest attractions in Sapporo. However, we spent most of our time there. Not commuting from place to place, but shopping. It's one of the largest shopping areas you could ever imagine.
And my favourite part about Sapporo...all the snow!
After a day of snowboarding at Kokusai. Sight seeing from the Observation Hill.
Forget those strollers and use a sled! Chilling out in the snow.
Back in Tokyo. Walking through Ueno Park. Decorations on lamp posts throughout Narita hill.
These boys are the hype. On the left: the local paparazzi. Everyone at the subway went picture snap happy at the sight of these it boys.

1 comment:

Kimberline said...

I love all these pictures!! You are the cutest thing I ever did see.

(Again, sorry about this morning. I fail.)