2.10.2010

la vie est bonne

"You're a brave girl
It's a strange world, where girls can get so broken-hearted
I'm sorry that in your condition the sun shine's been missing
Be happy. This world can be ugly, but isn't it beautiful?
It's not the end of the world"
(Jack's Mannequin, There, There Katie)

When I heard this song, I thought Andrew McMahon had wrote a song for me. After a long day (actually week) of school, hearing these words made me feel all the better. It was a sympathetic call, strength to carry on and a reminder of things I do live, love and hope for. Surprisingly, today has been a really good day. Even with my early morning wake up call. Even with my test. I am grateful for the little things in life. It's easy to get caught up with the worries of the world, but if you take a step back and truly look, you will find that life is good and beautiful. 
enthusiasm for:
ABC paper cups and designs for inspiration
a boy who said hello to me on President's Circle 
e-mails that make long distances seem a lot shorter
three day weekends
frozen yogurt and water
twitter updates from musicians 
(especially Brooke Fraser and Mat Kearney)
humanitarian efforts and trips

1 comment:

Kimberline said...

You like the way I write? Whatever, I love the way you write! So cute and creative. I wish I could have that kind of inspiration. :) (P.S. Right on about the red thing. You can do no wrong with red. Which is probably another reason why I fail, seeing as how I don't really own anything red except a very large, oversized sweatshirt... haaahaha.)
In reply: I really do need to get photoshop or convince the father to get it for me or something - all my pictures are bleary and boring. :P)