12.10.2009

Here's to the Past, Present and Future

Today was the last day of class for fall semester. I still have finals next week (which I should be working on right now), but I never actually thought I would be this sad at the end of the semester. This hit me hard after my last biology class. I really might cry. Biology has been my favourite class this semester. Learning about life is inspiring, fascinating and interesting. I love it a lot. I loved going to class and listening to Dave's lectures. I always laughed at his jokes, admired his knowledge, his love for teaching and most of all, learning life lessons I will never forget. I might never see a certain TA again. And although I will definitely miss the hot bio ta, I've also come to know all the other TAs as well.

To every memory, to every friend or person I've met,
this is how I've really felt all along.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
been this way before

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it, too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget


Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes


You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye
-Regina Spektor, "The Call"

1 comment:

E said...

Aww. I miss college so much now that I'm not in it anymore. It's so good that you miss classes...good memories to look back on.