Photos: vending machine, Nagoya Castle, one of the temples at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, orange wonder, sake at Meiji-Mura in Inuyama (Frank Lloyd Wright!), fancy traditional Japanese dolls.
1. Kaleidoscope Heart -Sara Bareilles
2. As I Call You Down -Fistful of Mercy
3. Tron: Legacy -Daft Punk
4. Flags -Brooke Fraser
5. Flight of the Crow -Passenger
1. Toy Story 3 -Disney/Pixar
2. Tron: Legacy -Disney
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 -Warner Brothers
4. Inception -Warner Brothers
5. Alice in Wonderland -Disney
1. Emma Watson -actress/model/Brown collegiate
2. Mark Zuckerberg -founder/visionary architect/engineer of facebook
3. JK Rowling -writer/HP/lovely lady
4. Shaun White -pro athlete/Olympian/conquerer of all heights
5. Jason Mraz -musician/fellow blogger/revolutionist
1. Australia: Gold Coast, Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney (Summer 2010)
2. United States: summer home in Hawaii (Summer 2010)
3. Japan: Nagoya, Kyoto (Winter 2010)
4. United Arab of Emirates: Dubai (Fall 2010)
5. United States: road trip to Bridgeport (Fall 2010)
Finals are finally over. Grades are posted. I couldn't be happier as I walked out of WEB into twilight, the fading sun and the lake reflecting behind the city lights. There were goodbyes, words exchanged and heart felt gratitude. I celebrated with friends over dinner and ice cream. Another year, another semester and we made it. A bittersweet ending.
Tron is a world I've envisioned before, where modernism and surrealism build an electro city, illuminated with neon lights. 2001: A Space Odyssey meets Star Wars, pays homage to Back to the Future and introduced to Tron. This is an intense off your seat venture into digital love. I fell in love with Sam Flynn (played by Garrett Hedlund), mesmerized by a second avatar reality and lost for words by Daft Punk, the ingenious electro orchestrator behind the Tron soundtrack.
I am bursting with energy after laughing non-stop with one of my dearest friends. And after all the sugar (chocolate chip cookie + berried n' chocolate), I am infinitely ten folds happier to no end.
::sidenotes: My heart is in Nantes. We love Charlie!
Three hours of art modeling, restless stillness in a qipao and six artists painting me. I've now lived the definition of art is subjective. There were several other interpretations of me; this painting looks sur(real) and strikingly resembles me in a photograph.