1.08.2011

我好可愛的媽媽

Pictures are souvenirs of lost time, memories remembered and forgotten; an archived documentation of a long history with many stories to tell.
Lately, our family has been looking through old photographs. Polaroids, black and white, faded ink and photos in a format I've never seen before. With vintage back in style, vintage only seemed like a fairytale or a classic ad until I saw these photographs. Those were the times, the good old days and the simple life my family lived. I've seen 1979 and even more further back in the past. In the photographs, my mom looks like one of the Carpenters, Yoko Ono with John Lennon, one of The Breakfast Club, Grease and The 70's Show. She's a dancer and a rockstar, a diva singer and plays the guitar far cooler than I ever will. In all of the photographs, I wish I had her clothes and sense of fashion, minus the crochet pants my grandmother handmade with love. One thing's for sure, my mom is rad and pretty.

No comments: