1.16.2011

non, je ne regrette rien!


images at Keep Calm
Charles Dumont and Michel Vaucaire should have titled "Non, je ne regrette rien" with an exclamation mark! These words still harbour in my mind. I have no regrets. I have none whatsoever as I've made a few revolutions and changes for the better within this last week. I fought, I battled and I stood for what I believe. I'm not sure if I'm victorious yet, but I have learned a few lessons in life. Years on, I'll be laughing about this experience I'm going through, but now injustice is a reality I'm currently facing. I thought of John Butler's lyrics, "running through the fire, running through the flame, running through the hopelessness and shame,
revolution already underway." This is a powerful message of being the change and turning the tides. I can't say I have won. But I can say I have conquered. I have conquered some of my fears and now my feet are weary from trodden uncharted mountains. All that I'm doing for myself and for others is a tale to tell. All of this feels right. I feel as though I'm doing the right thing. All of this is worth it and non, je ne regrette rien! Stand up for yourself. Believe in yourself. Believe in the seemingly impossible. You might never know until you try. Carpe diem. Have no regrets.

1 comment:

selja sini said...

i like how general your post is- can be applied to anything and any situation :) full of inspiration.