12.03.2011

some lessons to be learned

 photo via Lyla and Blue

This past week has been a whirlwind. Literally. I have learned a lot about life through various everyday people, creating a documentary and a wild wind blowing through a city of salty snow. Empowered by talking to a guy named A and rock and roll, I decided to have the attitude of Jimi Hendrix. I figured something out which is, I'm gonna do what I wanna do and nobody is going to stop me. Suddenly, all these doors of possibility opened and I was optimistic about what I will to do and who I will become. If I want to be a rock star tomorrow, then I'm going to do what I gotta do. I instantly became stoked for life. A gentleman with Harry Potter glasses who says hello to me by fist bumping and waves made me realize that all I need at the end of the day is a genuine good-hearted someone who can make me smile. Two days earlier, I was sitting in the Union, where live music was being played. There was a fiery glow about the trumpeter's face and I knew right then and there that doing what you're passionate about is far greater than the money. It just had to be true. Then two later after I premiered my documentary, I got thinking that just maybe film chose me. I hope this is true and maybe my dreams about Sundance will one day be a fulfilled reality. And in a terrifying wind storm, who knew something could be so dramatically scary? I can say I am incredibly grateful for where I have been and all that I have.

No comments: