7.02.2009

Music, I can't get enough of you.

image via flickr

Music is intoxicating and feels like experiencing a higher power in a church, or just anywhere.

{lyrics}

At least I can say, I was not afraid. I loved you all the way. I'd pick the fool any day. You were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter and my daddy said stay away from Juliet. All of the boys and the girls here in Paris. Sing to the night without sight, but with madness. I miss the sound of your voice, the loudest thing in my head. It's just one of those days. Oh Helen. P.S. I love you. And here's to you Mrs. Robinson. Sealion sealion sealion. Billy Jean is not my lover. And it's all love, all love. Middle of the afternoon, I'm always in love with you. For someone half as smart, you'd be a work of art. But you're just so cool, run your hands through your hair, absent-minded making me want you. Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Bounce low, bounce high. I know better not to be friends with boys with girlfriends. Drown me in love. I'm a slave to the wires, I've done this before. I can do it more. Don't let your dreams, be dreams. Fancy footwork, work, work. And when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them. Like songs that say goodbye. I'd like to be under the sea, in an octopus's garden. You have stolen my heart. I know the heart of life is good. Prime time of your life. Here's to the nights we felt alive. Our house in the middle of the street. Brushfire fairy tales, itsy bitsy diamond wells. Big fat hurricanes. Now my feet won't touch the ground. Light up the sky, light it up for you. Everyone wants to be Hollywood, like 90210. Me and my man on a plane, fly a way to a better place. My moon, my man's a changeable man. Like a book elegantly bound, but in a language you can't read just yet. Off I go, from where I lay. Playgirl, why are you sleeping in tomorrow's world, hey playgirl. I believe you could be what I need to believe. Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams. Relax, take it easy for there is nothing that we can do. I miss you, I'm over now, I'm through. Save your best for me. If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so intense!!! music is amazing. i have this awful habit when people ask me who/what i listen to i just say, whatever, nothing in particular. i listen to so varied a selection that it is impossible to answer easily. but i love music. i love it when it speaks to you.

Kate said...

Great lyrics, thanks for sharing!